OK, I have to admit that this one is a challenge for me. I am not a winter-lover. Being from Southern California, I am very content with temps around 85 to 90 degrees---as it should be, if you ask me. But since I now live in Colorado, it gets a lot colder and I complain a lot.
This is my effort to be thankful.
Here goes. Ten things I like about winter:
1. The frost. I love when it covers trees and makes them look like giant snowflakes.
2. Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. It keeps me warm.
3. Fires in the woodstove.
4. Sweaters and scarves and gloves and boots.
5. More time inside to sew. It's warm in here, so why leave?
6. Bubble baths. Another effort to be warm.
7. No bugs.
8. No sweating.
9. No lawn care needed.
10. Counting down to spring.
I love spring. And summer. And fall.
And I am pretty sure they are just around the corner.
What about you? What do you love about winter?